Saturday, April 30, 2011

~ denim granny bag ~

~~ I got the idea to crochet this bag from Haken en meer ~~

Materials:

- 4-ply worsted weight yarn: 
   - 5 oz. Vanna's Choice denim mist
   - 2 oz. RHSS soft white
- L hook
- purse handles (purchased from Joann Fabrics)

Size:  approximately 9" x 12"

Notes: 
- do not join rnds unless instructed to do so - mark 1st st with a st marker
- I crochet tight, so you may want to adjust the size of your hook.

Directions:

Rnd 1: Working with 2 strands Vanna's Choice denim mist held together, ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook.

Rnd 2: 2 sc in each sc around.

Rnd 3: (2 sc in next sc, sc in next sc) around.

Rnd 4: (2 sc in next sc, sc in next 2 sc) around.

Rnd 5: (2 sc in next sc, sc in next 3 sc) around.

Rnd 6: (2 sc in next sc, sc in next 4 sc) around.

Rnd 7: (2 sc in next sc, sc in next 5 sc) around.

Rnd 8: (2 sc in next sc, sc in next 6 sc) around.

Rnd 9: (2 sc in next sc, sc in next 7 sc) around.

Rnd 10: (2 sc in next sc, sc in next 8 sc) around.

Rnd 11: (2 sc in next sc, sc in next 9 sc) around.

Rnd 12: (2 sc in next sc, sc in next 10 sc) around.

Rnd 13: (2 sc in next sc, sc in next 11 sc) around.

Rnds 14 - 17:  Sc in each sc around.  At end of Rnd 17, join with a sl st to 1st sc, end off.

Rnd 18:  Working with 1 strand VC denim mist and 1 strand RHSS soft white, join with a sl st to 1st sc.  (ch 3, 2 dc) in 1st sc, ch 1.  *skip next 3 sc, 3 dc in next sc, ch 1.  Repeat from * 8 more times.  Skip next 2 sc.  3 dc in next sc, ch 1, *skip next 3 sc, 3 dc in next sc, ch 1.  Repeat from * 9 more times.  Skip next 2 sc, join with a sl st to top of ch 3.

Rnds 19 - 25:  Sl st over to ch-1 space, (ch 3, 2 dc) in same space, ch 1.  *3 dc in next ch-1 space, ch 1.  Repeat from * around.  Join with a sl st to top of ch 3.

Rnd 26:  Ch 1, sc in each dc and ch-1 space around.  Join with a sl st to 1st sc, end off.

- sew on handles

***Debi Y's version***
Print Friendly and PDF

21 comments:

  1. Very cute! Thanks for sharing the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, it is so cute! Thanks so much for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super cute. Thanks for all the patterns you share. I did make your hexagon flower pattern successfully and gifted it to a friend. I hope to try one of these other patterns soon. :) Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the pattern and the colours of this bag, Debi! You are good in making bags...
    [Hope to send you what promised already Monday or Tuesday, because from Wednesday (4 May) until Friday evening (6 May) I will be traveling out of my city... Anyway it will arrive, sooner or later. Greetings, Lia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Debi, I like the handles you chose to go with it too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Debi:) Another beautiful pattern! Love those handles! Your patterns are so easy to read and follow. Thanks for another great one!!xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another bag for me to love, and the pattern is free! Thanks for posting, I think this one turned out beautiful as well.d

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the compliments ladies - and you're all very welcome - I love to share my patterns. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute! I've been looking for purse handles. Where are you finding yours?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks. I've bought most of my purse handles from Joann Fabrics - I've also bought some on Ebay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute - I also love those handles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, what a nice bag - it looks so sturdy too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had a real nice browse around your blog, love what you do, Cheers Cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debi, that is so cute! You are a creative woman!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute way to use the granny stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Debi, I loved using your pattern and just posted about using it for a plarn purse I crocheted over at my blog. Thanks for the fun and cute pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much ladies. :)

    RecycleCindy - I went to your blog and took a look - it came out very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. does "Joann Fabrics" sells many handlers? by the way your bag is cute. :)

    Sig: Andrew
    The Economics of 2011 in Graphs
    salon uniforms

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Hawthorne. :)

    Andrew - I haven't been to Joann Fabrics in a while, but I'm sure they still sell purse handles. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)